Alzheimer's disease and dementia are complicated and progressive illnesses that affect each person differently. Each is an abnormal loss of function that progressively worsens and leads to memory loss, as well as deficits in language, social skills and ability to express oneself.
Since there is currently no cure for Alzheimer's disease or dementia, Aviv Centers for Living provides a memory care unit that is designed to maximize each individual's potential and help them maintain existing functionality by creating an environment which fosters resident comfort and stimulates positive emotions. Care plans are individualized to include resident interests, preferences, hobbies and present abilities to minimize limitations and maintain their independence, individuality and dignity and decrease frustration levels.
Aviv Centers for Living offers a wide range of programs staffed by dedicated professionals who are trained in dementia care. Our physicians, nurses, therapists, and social workers offer continuous assessment and evaluation using the Habilitation approach which allows residents to be active throughout the day, and therefore slow the decline of the disease process and enhance quality of life.
Our memory care programs at Aviv Centers for Living strive to:
- Ensure safety and security in a warm, caring and supportive environment
- Provide a dementia friendly environment to bring out positive emotions
- Focus on individual strengths and optimal functionality
- Provide highly skilled staff trained in Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Provide programming that supports success and promotes positive emotion
- Focus on therapeutic approaches, such as Habilitation, specific to the individual abilities and needs of the resident
- Provide consistent person-centered care and treatment options
- Provide interdisciplinary assessment and evaluation as needed
- Ensure that families are an integral part of the care team
- Provide ongoing support and education for families, caregivers and staff
Aviv Memory Services offers an exceptional model of comprehensive care that focuses on the strength and success of every resident during daily activities and care tasks.
Aviv Memory Services offers the following:
- Staff trained in the Alzheimer's Association Habilitation approach to maintain skills and utilize remaining skills
- Daily activities providing opportunities for creative expression, cognitive stimulation, social interaction and physical exercise for all stages of dementia and Alzheimer's
- Access to rehabilitation department for support and assessment in dementia care
- Intake from social services and activities department to obtain social history and personal preferences
- Regular consultations and team meetings regarding challenging behaviors and psychoactive medications
- Continuum of care that focuses on abilities and successes
- Neighborhood atmosphere and environmental space that is consistent with positive dementia care guidelines
- Family style dining with environmental adaptations provided as needed
- Family and caregiver support and education
- 24-hour nursing care
- Integration with Hospice care as needed