Geriatric Care Management
The growing number of older adults and the complexity of choices available to this population have created a growing demand for geriatric care management services.
What is a Geriatric Care Manager (GCM)?
A professional Geriatric Care Manager is a guide, advocate and resource for families caring for older relatives. A health and human services expert, a GCM specializes in assisting older adults and their families as alternate care options are explored and decisions are made regarding the need for placement of changes in the home environment.
The growing population of older adults and the complexity of choices available to this group has created a growing demand for geriatric care management services. Geriatric Care Managers at Aviv Centers for Living can complete a thorough assessment of an older adult's current level of functioning and examine his/her support systems and resources. They can support the older adult and loved ones during all phases of decision-making and help them navigate through the maze of local and state resources.
Geriatric Care Managers at Aviv Centers for Living are all licensed clinical social workers who are members of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers. They have extensive knowledge concerning the availability of resources within our community as well as the quality and costs of such services.
- Conducting care-planning assessments
- Providing short or long-term eldercare assistance for those engaged in local or long distance caregiving
- Reviewing financial, legal, or medical issues and offering referrals to geriatric specialists
- Providing crisis intervention
- Acting as a liaison to families at a distance
- Assisting with moving an older person to or from a retirement complex, assisted care home, or nursing home
- Providing consumer education and advocacy and offering eldercare counseling and support.
To learn more about our services or to arrange a consultation please call 978-471-5153 or toll free 877-322-2849. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.