Help Build Compassionate Care by Joining the Friends of Aviv
Some of Friends of Aviv's current and past projects are:
- Fully funded transportation for Aviv residents and clients to an "Evening at Pops" at Symphony Hall
- A beautiful new portable player piano.
- Funded the creation of the Great Grand KidSpot - A wonderful space for children to play while visiting.
- Support for the rebirth of the "Second Wind Dreams" program - an opportunity to make a resident's dream come true.
- Mother's Day "Roses for residents".
- Beautiful "In Honor" or "In Memory" cards, designed by Aviv residents that helps to support Friends of Aviv projects.
- "Bubbie's Attic" a fun opportunity for Aviv residents to shop, for no money, for clothing, jewelry and accessories donated for this well-loved event.
The Friends of Aviv is a volunteer group that promotes and advances Aviv Centers for Living with a variety of community-based fundraising and other volunteer activities.
The Friends actively work with the community to provide experiences that bring joy to our residents. Examples of activities you could be involved in with the Friends of Aviv are:
- Volunteering to staff an ice cream social.
- Bringing pets for a friendly visit.
- Fundraising for special projects.
- Participating in a fashion show.
- Enjoying friendly conversation with a new friend.
- Baking with our residents in their households.
- Help our residents use new technology, such as Skype, to connect with loved ones who live far away.
- Family friendly volunteer activities that the whole family can enjoy
Friends of Aviv are committed to actively supporting the mission of Aviv Centers for Living:
"To enrich the life of each of our residents and program participants, so that each can continue to live his or her life with a sense of meaning and purpose."
Friends of Aviv understand the importance of maintaining an environment that meets the social and emotional needs of those who benefit from the services at Aviv Centers for Living. We strongly believe that we have a responsibility to enhance the environments in which our loved ones and dear friends reside or participate.
100% of our funds support new and innovative programs, activities, living spaces, and equipment for the direct enjoyment of the residents, program participants, and their visitors at the Aviv Centers for Living campus.
We welcome your participation. You will enjoy the company of new friends who share many of your interests and who also share your passion for bringing joy to those who have given so much to us.
If you are short on time, your tax deductible Membership donation of $36 per year will make all the difference in the world in our ability to provide the programming and "extra's" that will make this beautiful new campus feel like home for our residents. Click here to pay your annual dues today.
For more information about Friends of Aviv, please call Ellen Gordon at 978-471-5109