Adult Day Health
Established in 1982, Aviv Centers for Living Adult Day Health provides a safe and secure program for seniors who live at home but may need additional help during the day. These services in the community allow us to assist in keeping your loved one at home.
Close to home, we serve seniors with diverse physical and cognitive issues. Our program staff helps clients with a wide range of needs function at their best, emotionally, physically and intellectually and allows those needing some assistance to get the help they need while continuing to live in their own home.
Working with an individual's family, our staff conducts an assessment of individual needs and designs a plan that promotes self-esteem, independence and dignity, strives to improve physical and cognitive abilities and offers a schedule that incorporates interests, social opportunities and activities.
Serving approximately 45 participants a day, the Aviv Adult Day Health Center is open Monday through Friday.
Our programs offer:
- Activities that promote self-esteem, independence, and dignity
- A schedule that incorporates interests, activities, and social opportunities
- Improved physical and cognitive abilities
- Medical attention
Our adult day center provides:
- A full range of activities geared to the interests of the participants
- Breakfast, lunch and a snack
- A full range of nursing services
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies in a state-of-the-art gym
- Staff that is trained in Alzheimer's and other dementias
- Security system to prevent wandering
- Extended hours for working caregiver
Why choose an Adult Day Health center?
The Aviv Adult Day Health Center provides a safe and secure environment outside the home where seniors receive outstanding medical and rehabilitative care that is best suited to their specific needs.
The Day Center staff is comprised of RNs, LPNs, Certified Nursing Assistants, Social Workers and Activity Staff. Staffing ratios are based on the level of care that our participants require. For basic needs, a 6:1 ratio is provided. For those with more complex needs, a 4:1 ratio is provided.
Our highly-skilled team works to improve the physical and mental well-being of clients, providing care and helping them improve and maintain their self-esteem and individual level of independence.
- Administration of medication, inclusive of insulin and eye drops
- Wound Care
- Coordination of medical care with physicians and home care nursing
- Arrange medical appointments, labs and therapy
- Monitor blood sugar levels, blood pressure, weight and other vital signs
- Supervise activities of daily living, including showers, toileting and nutrition
- Assessment for physical and cognitive functional status
- Provide education for participants and family members
- Oxygen administration
- Podiatry services
- Geriatric outpatient psychiatric services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy are provided in a state-of-the-art gym, per physician's order
- Team of therapists specializing in Alzheimer's or other dementia care work with patients to help them meet their individual goals
- Patients who have recently been discharged from short-term therapy can continue their progress on an outpatient basis while attending the day program
- Coordination with home care services and discharge planning
- Individualized case management
- Support for families
- Caregiver support group
- Participant advocacy
- Counseling or referrals to community resources
- Monthly participant council